Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Leverage

Leverage

I have several account in different brokerage companies.. leverage which was chosen there is 1:100.. i prefer to trade with low risk.. it was always interesting for me to talk with traders who choose leverage up to 1:500 ... I know that they are!! how is it? what strategy do they choose? it is very difficult to work with such a big risk?
    once upon a time.....

Re: Leverage

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyProfit
    I have several account in different brokerage companies.. leverage which was chosen there is 1:100.. i prefer to trade with low risk.. it was always interesting for me to talk with traders who choose leverage up to 1:500 ... I know that they are!! how is it? what strategy do they choose? it is very difficult to work with such a big risk?
    good topic, have not really met such traders as well, but i am mostly interested - what one SHOULD NOT do when choosing such leverage

Quote Originally Posted by JimTheTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyProfit
    good topic, have not really met such traders as well, but i am mostly interested - what one SHOULD NOT do when choosing such leverage
    it is not the point what you should not do - it is the choice of the company which will suite you for this most as well. not all these types are available. but i also do wonder speaking to people knowing about risk management - no wonder they are not in a hurry to give us advice here

high leverage is not that much of an issue when u r confident with your technic,i have only one account with high leverage, but not successful deals yet

if you have a small money amount on your deposit, it makes no sense to work without leverage. so 1:100 - is the best option, i think. :dance4:

What is leverage in general and do I have to choose it when I open an account in broker's company?

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana
    What is leverage in general and do I have to choose it when I open an account in broker's company?
    Leverage is the degree to which an investor or business is utilizing borrowed money.
    You choose leverage independently taking into consideration what you trade will be in the future: without risk, with low risk or aggressive.
    Avoiding the phrase "I don't have time...", will soon help you to realize that you do have the time needed for just about anything you choose to accomplish in life!

Investing a minimum, due to leverage you can execute your transactions with larger amount. 1:100 - is the best one to start with.
    "If a man does his best, what else is there?"

1:100 - the most sensible, I would rather say :declare:

MrRobingood, now I understand, what leverage means! Thanks! :good3: I see, that most of the traders here choose this one 1:100, I will choose the same for the first time in my future trading. :dance4: