Page 1 of 255 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Take profit

Question Take profit

I am a new here, and I want to discuss about this strategy, how it works and how can we apply it on our demo or live trading account.

Quote Originally Posted by maryamqaiser View Post
    I am a new here, and I want to discuss about this strategy, how it works and how can we apply it on our demo or live trading account.
    Dear i am also new but if you have to learn about any strategy you must perform it in demo when you understand each and every thing you can learn every strategy.

take profit is opposite of stop loss strategy..i mean upto how much pips you want to automatically close your position in profit, so if market hit that value your position will close in profit..it is a very good strategy...

Take profit is not a strategy, it is used to limit the profit because sometimes market turns back after hitting the profit target. Stop loss and take profit is not a strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by adnan10076 View Post
    take profit is opposite of stop loss strategy..i mean upto how much pips you want to automatically close your position in profit, so if market hit that value your position will close in profit..it is a very good strategy...
    thanks you explanation is good, but if market not hit our value of position then? we will have loss? and how can we apply with different investments, like in stop loss we decide according to our investment

thanks you explanation is good, but if market not hit our value of position then? we will have loss? and how can we apply with different investments, like in stop loss we decide according to our investment

Buddy, a take profit order closes a current position to gain a profit based on the exact rate or number of pips from the current price point. Traders who use a take profit order are able to limit losses if the direction of the market shifts.

if you have to comprehend about any technique you must execute it in trial when you comprehend each and every factor you can comprehend every technique.

as you put stop loss but it is not necessary that market will must hit that..similarly we put tp according to the situation of the market..normally 10-20 pips tp are easily gain..but if you put it some 100+ then no one know when market will hit it..

take profit .. and stoploss both are very important. how you use it. in your trading account. when you given a order of buy then your takeprofit is must be higher then your entery price. and when you given a sell order then your take profit is must be lower then your entry price. so now how much pip difference you given . as a stoploss ,, you use any fix pips target . or its variable with the market condition. same rules are use for take profit also.

i only have limited information regarding take profit because i am also new in the field of forex trading. take profit helps a trader to automatically close his/her trade in profit soon after the forex market hits the price that is specified in take profit.