Page 1 of 265 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Holiday Trading Profitable?

Is Holiday Trading Profitable?

It happens that some days the Regional markets like in the USA, UK, Australia or Tokyo remains closed.

At those times the liquidity that is present in the markets is less and i am asking is that is it Profitable to tarde in those times.

Is Holiday trading Profitable?

Re: Is Holiday Trading Profitable?

When the Regional trading markets are closed i will like to stay away from these markets. I am not sure about what other traders would do but i will not trade when the markets are closed in some countries as then it is risky to trade for me.

i must say that on weekends when market remain closed i just try to find out some new strategies which help me to make more profit.

And i must say that its good to remain stay away from 2 days (i.e Weekends) because your mind also wants some relief from a stressful session of trading. So i always try to do some rest when market remain closed and try to gain some more knowledge.
    DOING HARD WORK IS NOT THE KEY TO GET THE SUCCESS , YOU HAVE TO BECOME A SMART HARD WORKER TO GET THE WHOLE SUCCESS.

Holiday trading may or may not be profitable for a trader as most of the times during the holiday season the movements are not there in the markets and they just move sideways in the sense they move few pips up and down and do not form any direction or trend due to absence of liquidity and volatility so it is better to be away from the markets during the holiday season .

It all matters as to what is the News in the markets and how they are going to perform in the times when the other markets are closed. But the best trading is done when all the markets are open. So trading on the Holidays is not a wise decision at all. :laugh1:

I think there are no major news in holidays , there might be a minor chance. The gap trading strategy can give us a good number of pips if we do it after some trials in demo account.

@imbest yeah i think in holidays also we make profit like that only there is no change in market condition if we are in holidays and whenever i get holiday i just start learning market condition and place an order and i am more profitable through it and i seen that its better to go with market condition so that we can be sure that we gonna make a good profit here.
    Change Your self If you wish to change the world

We can make some profit in some extent but we will not find the actual interest of trading as the market will be really slow moving with very less volume and volatility ,in such cases it becomes very hard to make quick profits from the trading market. :good3:

On holidays, what I do is market watch, and I have been profiting from that. It is risky but I trade anyway.
    Their is this saying "go to where you are celebrated and not to were you are tolerated" in IAFT you are celebrated.

I agree with you and i must say that its the best time to watch out the market as well as we can analyze our old trades which we have lost and we can make some new strategies but , if we will talk about the weekends then i prefer to take rest.
    DOING HARD WORK IS NOT THE KEY TO GET THE SUCCESS , YOU HAVE TO BECOME A SMART HARD WORKER TO GET THE WHOLE SUCCESS.