Page 1 of 342 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: MT4 VS MT5

MT4 VS MT5

MT 5 are newer version of metatrader developed by metaquotes company, but until today I think forex trader are still prefer to use Mt4 than to use MT5. I do not know why this is happend..As a newer version MT5 must be have more advance fitur than MT4.
    Can someone share your opinion about this?

Re: MT4 VS MT5

i installed mt5 terminal on my pc but i was not able to login. I was using instaforex account. So i can only say it looks modern in interface. It also looks simple and clean compared to old mt4 terminal. As i could not use it I am still using metatrader4 for trading.

Quote Originally Posted by prawinkurdeg
    i installed mt5 terminal on my pc but i was not able to login. I was using instaforex account. So i can only say it looks modern in interface. It also looks simple and clean compared to old mt4 terminal. As i could not use it I am still using metatrader4 for trading.
    May be you type wrong username or password my friend, or you copy paste your password when you will login to your Metatrader terminal, try to typing your password manually may be you can login. I ever get this problem and thats method are work on my MT account.

ok I will try this too. So Donies , you are using newer version of metatrader mt5? Which broker ?

Hedging are not allowed in MT5, when we already have an open position and we get floating minus for example, we open position 5 lot BUY and the we open hedging position SELL 3 lot so our position now are Buy 2 lot. 5lot minus 3 lot = 2 lot.

Quote Originally Posted by hoki888
    Hedging are not allowed in MT5, when we already have an open position and we get floating minus for example, we open position 5 lot BUY and the we open hedging position SELL 3 lot so our position now are Buy 2 lot. 5lot minus 3 lot = 2 lot.
    but when you do that wouldn't you still be losing some lots.

hedging is not allowed in mt5 then it is not good news for us. As sometimes we will hedge by opening an order in reverse direction to save our free margin. We have some chance of recovery if our positions are open all . I will not use mt5 terminal then. Better is mt4

MT4 is simple the best :good2:

I heard that in the nearest future those brokers that fall under NFA regulation will have to use MT5 in order to comply with new requirements.
    Everything has been figured out, except how to live

@Katrina Mcbride : All broker thats have their headquarter in USA must use MT5 in as their trading terminal, a lot of prohibited in MT5 compared in MT4 and I does not really like thats new rule thats implemented in MT5