Page 1 of 188 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday - Monday GAP Trading Strategy

Friday - Monday GAP Trading Strategy

Hello Traders,

I will tell you about a very Easy Trading Strategy known as GAP Trading but i will call it as:

Friday - Monday GAP Trading Strategy

1. Forex Markets closes on Fridays 10pm(22hrs) GMT (Convert to your Time zones).

2. Forex Markets opens on Sunday 10pm (22hrs) GMT (Convert to your Time zones).

3. The closing rates and the opening rates are different every week.

4. This happens as the weekly settlements are done.

5. Sometimes the difference is Huge is some News gets released in the weekend.

How to Trade

Currency - GBPJPY

1. Open the trade just before markets will close on Friday at 9:30 pm GMT.

2. Close the trade just when markets open at 9:30pm GMT on Sunday.

3. You need to be awake at both these times in order to trade this strategy.

4. Which way to trade BUY or SELL will depend on the closing trend. If you see that after the US markets have close the rates are slowly going up means you have to BUY. If going down you have to SELL.

5. You will make 20 pips to 40 pips easily every week.

Currencies

1. EURUSD

2. GBPUSD

3. NZDUSD

4. GBPJPY

Note: Choose any currency which you are confortable with.

Re: Friday - Monday GAP Trading Strategy

Good strategy nsa,but frankly the chart statistic is not much clear to me ... as you showing 27 pips gap ..i think we have to see the 16 march 23:40 and 19th march 1:12 stat ..i feel ..can you show some more highlight about the chart. :good3:

@ kalex, You can check any of the mentioned currencies charts by scrolling horizontal with the mouse and the GAPs which you find on the Friday and Monday prices constitute the Gap trading system which is what i have explained about. :good:

i must say that @nsa have posted a great chart in which you have showed how to make 27 pips but i must say that traders must have to be quick because we can see the drop after touching the peak.
    DOING HARD WORK IS NOT THE KEY TO GET THE SUCCESS , YOU HAVE TO BECOME A SMART HARD WORKER TO GET THE WHOLE SUCCESS.

@nsa,actually me not trying say that thing ... i am telling that as in this kind of strategy we have to open trading just before the close of market and close that order in Monday ,just after starting of the market ..but in chart me seeing that the 27 pips difference is coming after 4 hours in Monday ..my confusion is there actually.

I don't know how much i could explain you ...my query . :good:

@seahawks90: Agree with you my friend a few hours after this GAP , price usually move to its previous position in closing friday market and ussually price changet its trend to, thats why we must quickly close our profit and wait next day trading to entry forex market again.

Kalex it is a good strategy but we have to know the last 4H ongoing trend.

Then we will open order in that direction just before the market close.

The next monday as the sydney market will be open there will be a gap.

@seahawks90 yeah this chart is really encourage us to take part more in forex trading so that we can able to make large profit through it and its better if we try to make some of our strategy and i think we can't be profitable always once i try to trade but i was not profitable just because of market condition and i think i placed a wrong order. I hope i will earn more in future.
    Change Your self If you wish to change the world

That means we can wait upto 4 hours to see the same price on Monday ,which we saw in Friday .. i feel nsa can give us more highlight about the fact ..anyway a nice strategy to earn some quick pips. :i-m_so_happy:

No kalex. The market will open with some gap on the first second at monday. Mostly it recover that gap so you can also trade that gap if you have not open an order at friday night.