Page 1 of 173 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Pivot As Support And Resistance

Pivot As Support And Resistance

What is pivot point?
    Pivot point is a somekind of math formula that used to determine Support and Resistan Level. Pivot point used by a lot of trader in this world, including BIG PLAYER trader like bank or fundmanager, Because a lot of thats big player used this strategy so using pivot point as S n R level are really credible.

In pivot Support and Resistant are splitted in to several Support and Resistan, they are S1, S2,,PP, R1, R2 and .More higher its S n R more hard price to penetrate thats level. Forexample S3 are more harder to be break than S1.

Pivot Point Formula
    To determine Pivot point we Must know D1 price OHLC (Open, High, Low, CLose) we can use candle stick to get this data..Below I will try to give you example how to calculate pivot point :

Example data :O, H, L, C dari GBPUSD Time frame D1
    Open 1,9690
    High 1,9725
    Low 1,9640
    Close 1,9680

PP = (O + H + L + C)/ 4

PP = (1.9690+1.9725+1.9640+1.9680)/4 = 1.9684

S1 = (2 x P) - H = (2 x 1.9684) - 1.9725 = 1.9643

S2 = P - (H - L) = 1.9684 - (1.9725 - 1.9640) = 1.9599

R1 = (2 x P) - L = (2 x 1.9684) - 1.9640 = 1.9728

R2 = P + (H - L) = 1.9684 + (1,9725 - 1,9640) = 1.9769

Rule :
    1. If price opened above PP then market will be BULLISH
    2. If price opened below PP then market will be Bearish
    3. If price opened bellow S1 or above R1 then price will make a corecction first to PP before he continues its trending.

Thank You, correct me if I was wrong.

Re: Pivot As Support And Ressitant

@ donies, The explanation given by you is good. Trading in or around the Pivot points we are able to get good Entry or Exit levels which will ultimately determine the amount of Profits that we are going to make. I have used the Pivot points in trading and the results were good :good:

nice share, I also pivot technique, but not like this technique,, looks good,
    I'll try it later on Monday, thank you

Wonderful explanation.......but I'm confused as regards the sitution or point in time wher the pivot point formular can be applied.... Thanks...

wow, finally something to discuss support / resistance, I really like this technique, till now I still use it,, nice share bro,, keep posting :good:

@tobyhenry147: I ussually use pivot point strategy in a daily time frame my friend. When I woke up in the morning , I calculate pivot point and open position using pivot point strategy rules..And then in the afternoon after get back from my work, I close my trading position..Cause I am an Intraday trader.

@donies : SO this trading strategy only usefull for intraday trader or we can also use this pivot trading strategy as a scalper trader my friend, cause, in my opinion trading using scalping strategy are more profitable than use intraday strategy

@donie that was a wonderful detailed explanation about pivot point, will give it a try and see what outcome I get. :good3:
    Their is this saying "go to where you are celebrated and not to were you are tolerated" in IAFT you are celebrated.

Support and resistance are always handy because it will allow you to set your stop loss and take profit easily.

@donie, this pivot as support poit is it for only intraday trade? Can we use it when we scalp?
    Their is this saying "go to where you are celebrated and not to were you are tolerated" in IAFT you are celebrated.