Page 1 of 181 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Gap Closing Strategy

Gap Closing Strategy

The strategy which i have tested over time there is no specific name, but i call it as gap closing strategy and no clue if it already exists.
    This if from my observation i have developed this strategy and guess holds good for any pair. I have tested on major pairs mostly EUR/USD, GBP/USD

Monday usually the market opens with some difference from the previous weeks closing price, and i have observed that this gap will always be closed irrespective of the trend.

This image is of the market opened price

And now the price has almost closed that gap from the starting price to the last weeks closing price.

Re: Gap Closing Strategy

the forex gap system I heard can be used to form a new support or resistance level but how reliable it could be is one thing that I don't understand.

@ashvini.
    Gap strategy is very good and i am like it so much. but this strategy can only trade once a week?

@all. :boredom: :boredom: :boredom: Learn trading technique is Relatively easy. Gap trading attempts to take advantage of the difference of a long day. But it is often still much to experience any predictions on Monday.

@fxsniper, yes the trade can be taken only once in a week on monday opening only.

Another GAP trading strategy you also can find use trading GAP strategy in this forum

This strategy sounds good and funny, since it is only effective on mondays, but aleast is a good one.
    bet big win big

@bemeb. Determine your exit strategy forex income statement can be a problem. Therefore, you should definitely take the time to plan your GAP as a good entry.

@faustine :
    how could you say GAP as good entry? could you explain more details?
    bcause as long as i know, we cant rely on GAP, its not closed in one day time
    Mathematics is the only exact science. All power under heaven and on earth is given to the man who masters the simple science of mathematics

@ghprod, from my observation, most of the times this gap is always closed in one day time in major pairs but in the GBP and EUR cross pairs it does takes long time. Better to trade in majors and take the profits in one day.