Page 1 of 117 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Turtle trading strategy

Turtle trading strategy

The name to the system was given by a famous trader Richard Dennis who trained around 10 traders to use his trading methods to make money in financial markets. Turtles would buy a security when it exceeded twenty day high by a one tick and sell when price broke lower than 20 day low. They would do the same with 55 day high and low (a more secure way to trade a breakout move). It is a good way to trade, but I would recommend putting some more filters to enter your trades. Turtles, of course, had some rules for position sizing, placing stops, entries, exits and also tactics. Search internet and you will find out full description of their system.

Quote Originally Posted by arza2223 View Post
    The name to the system was given by a famous trader Richard Dennis who trained around 10 traders to use his trading methods to make money in financial markets. Turtles would buy a security when it exceeded twenty day high by a one tick and sell when price broke lower than 20 day low. They would do the same with 55 day high and low (a more secure way to trade a breakout move). It is a good way to trade, but I would recommend putting some more filters to enter your trades. Turtles, of course, had some rules for position sizing, placing stops, entries, exits and also tactics. Search internet and you will find out full description of their system.

can you explain it more which pair is best for this strategy and share some result of trading in the form of jpg files and share best time frame of this strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by romeo View Post
    can you explain it more which pair is best for this strategy and share some result of trading in the form of jpg files and share best time frame of this strategy.
    The EUR/USD is the only one that gives outstanding results while other pairs seem to struggle to make any profit or even to break even.

The EUR/USD is the only one that gives outstanding results while other pairs seem to struggle to make any profit or even to break even.
    Well it looks interesting strategy but yes there is some more indicators or price action strategies needed to make a better system

in this strategy the turtles were taught how to implement a trend following strategy... the idea is that the trend is your friend, so you should buy futures breaking out to the upside of trading ranges and sell short downside breakouts.....

SUFYAN
    the idea is that the trend is your friend, so you should buy futures breaking out to the upside of trading ranges and sell short

i have first time heard about this trading strategy but it seems interesting to me. i will try to learn it and will do practice on demo account for its better understanding.

the concept is that the pattern is your buddy, so you should buy commodity splitting out to the benefit of dealing varies and offer brief

i have heard about this trading strategy may bhi i am new in this field. i am doing practice on demo account. if any one tell me what is thi turtle trading strategy and from where learn knowledge from this.

but a good strategy not just only works in one pair i not consider it a strategy if it not give profit in other pair i will try it on demo then share my experience.